The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office is urgently seeking information regarding an attempted abduction that occurred on August 9, 2023, at approximately 4:30 pm, outside the Target store located at 32858 FM 2978, Magnolia, Texas.
The suspect, a male pictured below, followed an 18-year-old female as she was getting into her vehicle. He then grabbed her from behind and pulled her toward his vehicle. Thankfully, the victim was able to escape, and the suspect fled the scene in a gray 4-door passenger car, also pictured below.
Authorities are requesting anyone with information about the identity of this suspect or the whereabouts of the vehicle to contact the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office at 936-760-5800 option 3 or Multi-County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-392-STOP . Please refer to case #23A233785.
Additionally, the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office has issued the following safety tips for the public:
- Always pay attention to your surroundings and those around you.
- Consider leaving one earbud out so you can hear and maintain situational awareness.
- Once in your vehicle, lock your doors and start your engine immediately.
- If you feel you are being followed, call 911 and follow instructions from dispatch.
- Leave electronic devices in your pocket or in your purse. Don’t be distracted by screens when walking.
The investigation is ongoing, and authorities are diligently working to apprehend the suspect. Community members are encouraged to remain vigilant and report any relevant information to law enforcement.